What is Drush?
It's a command line shell and scripting interface for Drupal. The Drush Package Manager allows you to download, enable, disable, uninstall, update modules/themes/profiles/translations from the command line in a very simple way (apt-get style) - just type,
drush dl viewsand
drush pm-enable viewsin a Drupal directory to install the Views project! Additionally, the Drush Package Manager also allows you to update all your modules and even Drupal core with just one command,
How to install Drush
- Download the current version of the Drush Package from the Drupal website.
- Upload the folder to the root directory of your server. I did this on a shared environment.
- Login to your server via shell.
- Make the 'drush' command executable:
$ chmod u+x ~/drush/drush
- create an alias to drush:
$ alias drush='~/drush/drush'Now, you must log out and then log back in again or re-load your bash configuration file to apply your changes to your current session:
$ source .bashrc
- Start using drush by running "drush" from your Drupal root directory.